Friday, January 17, 2014

Fashion Friday

Yesterday's post was a bit heavy, so today I thought I'd lighten things up with a fashion tip!

Statement necklaces and other large "costume jewelry" are all the rage right now.  They can be a great accessory to add to some classic pieces that are already in your closet to make them trendy.

I needed a new way to store all my statement jewelry especially my watches, bangles,  and large earrings.

So, I went to Ross and TJMaxx to see what I could find.  While at Ross I found a jewelry holder with birds on it!  (I have a thing for birds as long as they're done tastefully).
This is what it looks like after I got it home and got everything organized.

So back to my original goal to find something for watches, etc. At TJMaxx I found a serving dish for dips and thought it had potential.  So I got it and here's how it turned out. 

If you're looking for some new accessories my fave place to buy quality "costume jewelry" (I know that seems completely contradictory but there's a difference between not buying expensive precious metals and buying junk that will break after wearing it one time), is Versona. They are building some new stores this year and I'm hoping one will be in VA!! 


2 comments: