Sunday, January 26, 2014

Craft kick...

I have been on a crafting expedition lately. I have gotten tired of "living ON Pinterest" instead of "living my Pinterest". It's something all of us Pinners can fall prey to, pinning, pinning, pinning, and never doing. 
I started with the blank living room wall. Why it never occurred to me before I have no idea, I mean duh the big blank wall staring at me every day! 
I started by making this:
I got a frame, M initial and some burlap from Michaels. The M was already painted black which went perfectly with our current theme but you could get a plain one and paint it your color choice. I cut the burlap to fit the frame, then hot glued the M to the burlap. After it dried I placed it on top of the glass for the frame. 
It took about 10 mins to do and cost about $15-20 and that's including the frame. 
This made a great piece for me to collage around. I will post the finished wall soon. I'm still working on one project for the wall so it's not quite done yet, (hence the nail hanging right below the M). 

No comments:

Post a Comment