Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Easter!

During the Christmas holidays you normally see manger scenes denoting the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of Christ. Have you ever wondered why we don't see any 'Easter scenes'?  By all means Christ's birth is very important but if He had merely been born and not died and rose again we would have absolutely no hope. In my mind then Easter seems to be highly under celebrated. So this year I decided to make my own 'Easter scene' that can be used during the season much like a manger scene during the holidays to remind us of the true reason for Easter.
To make one I needed the following:
-a glass bowl or container to hold the scene
-sand
-small decorative rocks
-modeling clay for the hill/tomb
- larger rock for the rolled away stone
-twigs and twine for crosses
-moss
-hot glue
I started by layering the sand and decorative rocks in the bottom of the glass bowl.
Next I used the modeling clay to form the hill/tomb.
Then I made the crosses using twigs and twine.
The last step was hot gluing the moss on the hill. 

Happy Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment