Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A good name

Today mark's 52 days until my projected due date for our second child.  This week I would have been 32 weeks along. As things get closer and closer under normal circumstances parents would be discussing and settling on names as they look forward to the upcoming arrival date.

In the aftermath of both miscarriages we discussed naming both babies but at the time Jeremy felt that since they were with Jesus we ought to let Him name them. 

Following the loss of our second child in October I was given the book 'Heaven is for Real' as a gift.  The book is the story of a little boy who died during emergency surgery and went to heaven for a short time before coming back to earth.  In the book he tells his mother that he met his older sister while in heaven.  Being that he was so young his parents had never told him about the miscarriage his mother had prior to his birth.  His mother asks him what his sister's name is and he simply replies, "She doesn't have a name. She's waiting for you to get to heaven to give her a name. " After reading this we discussed and finally decided on names.  Due to different circumstances that I will write about later, we believe that our first child was a boy and the second a girl. 

May I introduce...

David Jeremiah conceived and died September 2011. He is named after Jeremy and my dad who's middle names are both David.  His middle name is for his father a form of Jeremy.  His name means: the beloved one who is exalted by the Lord.
                                 And

Hope Elyce (pronounced Elise) conceived September 2013 and died October 2013. Her name means: one who has expectations as from the Lord ; the Lord is my God. 

4 comments:

  1. Praying for God to continue to heal the wounds of your hearts, friends. This is mighty brave of you to put this out there. God never wastes a sorrow. I know it brings joy to His heart that you guys are using this for His glory even through the pain. Many blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your pain! Please, let me know if I can further encourage you at all. Many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolynn it was great meeting you at grip the other day! I'm hoping I will be able to attend regularly. Hope we'll be able to get to know each other better :-)

      Delete