Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Secret Gift

In the ladies' Bible study I'm attending now we are studying Beth Moore's latest book "Sacred Secrets." In this week's video she taught from Psalm 139:13-16;  "For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them." 
She made an excellent point that I had never thought of before. She mentioned that she googled "how soon can I know I'm pregnant" and in her research she found that even with all of the latest science and technology the earliest someone can know if they are pregnant is 4 days (that is with major medical intervention). Using conventional methods it can take as long as 14 days or more...

                            ...But God knows the exact moment of conception.

God knows the moment that life begins, days and usually weeks before even the baby's mother. God gets to sit on His throne in Heaven and bask in this wonderful secret. He personally knows this tiny person that no one else in the whole universe knows even exists at that moment.



Think back to the recent holidays; you had picked out, purchased, and beautifully wrapped the perfect gift for that special someone, but you had to keep the gift SECRET until Christmas Day, the right moment for it to be opened.  I bet you couldn't wait to see your loved one open that gift and experience such joy!

Following my second miscarriage satan planted the seed of doubt in my head that with that pregnancy God had given me the desire of my heart only to cruelly snatch it away from me again; but as I sat pondering what Beth said in her video, I pictured God as my Father, who longs to give me "good gifts" (Matthew 7:11), sitting high on His throne bubbling with excitement waiting for me to "open my gift" the moment that pregnancy test turns positive and again the moment when that child is born. I don't know why our two children were taken from us so early in their little lives; maybe they had some physical or mental defect (do not misunderstand at all; we love them and we would have loved and cared for them regardless). Maybe it just wasn't God's timing. Believe me I tried absolutely everything to make our second pregnancy happen; tests, charting, standing on my head (not even joking)!

I can't wait until that exact moment when my Heavenly Father gets to reveal the secret of my perfect little gift


1 comment:

  1. I love how pregnancy is the one area that God has kept almost completely out of our control! He alone knows which eggs are viable and when conception happens. He alone knows what babies will be born here on earth, and which ones will live in heaven instead. He alone knows what is best for each mother, each baby, and each family!

    Love you friend! Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete